- The Scenic Park Loop Road is 42 miles long and takes around one to two hours to complete.
- Access to the Loop Road can be gained at three junctions.
- Capture Ansel Adams moments at the Jackson Point Overlook at Signal Mountain.
- Witness moose, elk, waterfowl, beavers and more in their natural habitat.
The 42 mile scenic drive loop through Grand Teton National Park gives travelers intimate views of the Tetons and the chance to spot abundant and diverse wildlife in the surrounding wilderness.
There are three entry points for the Teton Park Scenic Drive Loop. From Jackson, head north on Highway 26-89-191 and enter at Moose Junction. Travelers coming from Yellowstone will follow the Rockefeller, Jr. Parkway and enter the park at the Jackson Lake Junction. For those coming from Dubois, WY (east), drive over Togwotee Pass and enter the park at Moran Junction.
The best way to enjoy the Grand Teton Park Road is to turn it into a loop. From Moose, drive up the inner park road to Jackson Lake Junction and follow the outer park road through Moran Junction back down to Moose.
The loop is 42 miles long, and depending on how many points of interest you chose to explore, plan for at least a one to two hour drive.
Be sure to grab a map at the park entrance. Here are some of our favorite stops (starting at Moose).
- Chapel of the Transfiguration: This unique and very tiny church has a perfect view of the Tetons.
- Menors Ferry: Ride the Menor's Ferry replica with a park ranger (only 15 minutes).
- Jenny Lake Boat to Hidden Falls: Turn off at the South Jenny Lake Junction and ride the Jenny Lake Boat across the lake. Hike the short steep trail up to Hidden Falls (and beyond if you like).
- Jenny Lake Loop Road: Further north, you can access the Jenny Lake Loop Road which runs one-way. It's a scenic jaunt off the main road.
- Signal Mountain Road: From Signal Mountain Lodge, drive to the top of Signal Mountain for spectacular views of the Teton Range.
- Oxbow Bend: This is a prime wildlife viewing location.
- Snake River Overlook: A beautiful view overlooking the Snake River.
- Schwabacher Landing: Yet another stunning view of the Tetons.
- Mormon Row: Turn east onto Antelope Flats road and discover a historic homestead at Mormon Row.
- Dornan's: Grab a drink and head to the upper deck. It's a must stop at the end of a day in the Tetons.
- Moose-Wilson Road: As an alternative route back to Jackson, drive the scenic and wildlife-filled Moose Wilson Road.