What sort of activities can I enjoy at Grand Targhee Resort during the winter?
The winter season at Grand Targhee Resort typically runs from Thanksgiving through mid April. Visitors don't have to be avid skiers or snowboarders to enjoy a winter vacation at Grand Targhee Resort. Other winter activities include:
- Nordic Skiing Targhee has 15 km of groomed track in Rick's Basin great for cross country skiing.
- Snow Tubing: The kids will love an evening of snow tubing right at the base area of Grand Targhee.
- Sleighride Dinners: A fun family activity, take a sleigh ride into the woods near Targhee and enjoy a western themed dinner in a cozy cabin.
- SnowCat Skiing: For the best of untracked powder, sign up for a day of SnowCat skiing at the Ghee. Snowcats access the area above the Sacajawea lift on Peaked Mountain.
- Kids Camps and Day Care: Need a break from the little ones? Stick them in the winter kid's camp for a day.
- Snow Biking: It's just like riding a bike but on the snow. Access the same trails as nordic skiers and pedal your way around the track.
- Avalanche Dog Demo: Mid-day on weekends join ski patrol for a demonstration of avalanche dog skills.
- Dining: A handful of dining options and shops are available at the base area. Pop in for a hot cocoa or sit down to a fine dining experience.
- Guided Backcountry Skiing: Have you always wanted to try backcountry skiing, but don't have the necessary gear or skills? Here's your chance.