Why should I visit Kelly?
Home to just over 100 year-round residents, Kelly is a quaint town on the eastern edge of Grand Teton National Park. The views of the Teton Range are spectacular and it's a great place to stop for a sandwich, coffee, or drink before heading further into the Gros Ventre Mountains or viewing wildlife along Antelope Flats Road.
Where is Kelly?
Technically located within Grand Teton National Park, Kelly is a small community just north of Jackson, across from the Jackson Hole Airport. From Jackson, drive north as if going to Grand Teton National Park. Turn right onto Gros Ventre Road. You'll see some cabins and a small cafe that mark the "town" of Kelly.
What sort of amenities and services does Kelly offer?
This small town has a few cabins for rent and a cafe that serves sandwiches and coffee. Nearby Jackson has a plethora of lodging and dining options. The Gros Venture Campground, one of the Grand Teton Park Campgrounds, is nearby.
What can I do and see at Kelly?
- Kelly Warm Springs: From Kelly, turn right as if heading further into the Gros Ventres, and you'll see a small pool next to a parking area. The Kelly Warm Springs are sort of a local's secret and a great summer attraction. You might even spot a few tropical looking fish.
- Gros Ventre Campground: This campground is first come, first served and open from early May to early October. It's the least busy campground within the park.
- Wildlife Viewing: Antelope Flats and Gros Ventre Roads are prime bison viewing areas. Make sure to bring your camera and be ready for bison-jams.
- Visit Slide Lake: The site of a 1925 landslide, Slide Lake is just a few miles up the road from Kelly.
- Fishing: Located right along the Gros Ventre River, anglers will love to test their skills in Kelly.