On the west side of Teton Pass, a mere 30 miles from Jackson, WY, you will find the quiet Teton Valley of Idaho.
Teton Valley lies along the eastern border of Idaho snug against the 13,000' peaks of the Grand Teton range. The communities of Driggs, Victor, Tetonia and others share the Teton Mountain Range with the neighboring valley to the east, Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Folks describe Teton Valley as "the quiet side of the Tetons."
The jagged, snow-capped Tetons to the east and the rolling Big Hole Mountains to the west cradle the gentle, flat course of the Teton River. Old farmsteads scattered across the valley floor contradict beautiful new homes along the foothills. Our population is a diverse mix of pioneer families and recently arrived residents from around the country, and world.
Take Wyoming Highway 22 west toward Teton Pass. After you go over the pass and approach the western side of the mountain range, the road designation turns to Idaho Highway 33.
Just 24 miles from Jackson you will enter the Teton Valley of Idaho and the small town of Victor. And only 8 more miles to the north, you will be in Driggs, ID – the hub of Teton Valley.
You will find many lodging establishments to choose from, a variety of places to eat, grocery stores, gas stations and other small boutique shops.
- Teton River: This mellow river is a great place for fishing, canoeing, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Golf Courses: It might surprise you that there are 3 golf courses in the valley.
- Trails: Whether you hike, mountain bike, ATV, or go horseback, the trails around Teton Valley accommodate to all.
- The Spud Drive-In: An old fashioned drive-in movie theater in between the towns of Victor and Driggs. This theater is open during the summer months and plays a variety of blockbusters.
- Grand Targhee: Teton Valley's ski area is known for epic amounts of snow and a wide variety of intermediate terrain. During the summer months you can enjoy a scenic chairlift ride, hiking and biking trails (even a network of downhill trails), and a series of music festivals.
- Live Music: On Thursday nights during the summer Victor lights up with Music on Main. Two large festivals (Targhee Fest and Targhee Bluegrass) span long weekends in July and August at Targhee Resort.