- Find 6 comfortable campgrounds within Grand Teton National Park
- Pick one of 12 campgrounds in Yellowstone to stay for your Jackson Hole vacation
- Bridger Teton National Forest has a few campsites located close to Jackson, Wyoming
- Targhee National Forest has some lovely campgrounds open from June to September
Public Camping in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Grand Teton National Park
Season: Campgrounds are open May to the end of September.
Length of Stay: There is a 14-day limit everywhere except for Jenny Lake, which has a 7-day maximum stay.
Fees: Rates are $26/night for all public tent sites. Headwaters Campground charges $37.50/night for tents.
- Colter Bay Campground (RV sites available) - First Come First Serve
- Headwaters Campground at Flagg Ranch (RV sites available) - Reservations Call 800-443-2311
- Gros Ventre Campground - First Come First Serve
- Lizard Creek Campground - First Come First Serve
- Signal Mountain Campground - First Come First Serve
- Jenny Lake Campground - First Come First Serve
In Yellowstone National Park you can experience wildlife and fascinating geothermal features that make it famous as you camp in this beautiful wilderness area.
Season: Some sites are open year round but most are open from late spring to fall.
Length of Stay: There is a 14-day limit on length of stay except for Fishing Bridge Campground where you can stay as long as you like.
Fees: Sites usually have a fee ranging from around $15 to $29 and up to $50 with an RV. While a majority of the Yellowstone park campgrounds are available at first come first serve, there are a handful that you can reserve in advance.
- Bridge Bay Campground (reserve by calling 307-344-7311)
- Canyon Campground (reserve by calling 307-344-7311)
- Fishing Bridge RV Campground (reserve by calling 307-344-7311)
- Grant Campground (reserve by calling 307-344-7311)
- Indian Creek Campground
- Lewis Lake Campground
- Madison Campground (reserve by calling 307-344-7311)
- Mammoth Campground
- Norris Campground
- Pebble Creek Campground
- Slough Creek Campground
- Tower Fall Campground
Bridger Teton National Forest
One of the largest forests in the U.S., the Bridger-Teton National Forest spans about 135 miles from the southern border of Yellowstone National Park and is easily accessed from Jackson Hole. Contact (307) 734-7400 with questions or visit their website.
Season: Campgrounds typically open on May 20th and close by September 10th or 30th, weather permitting.
Length of Stay: 10 days (this is sometimes limited to fewer days during the peak summer season)
Fees: $12 to $15 for a basic site (maximum 2 vehicles and 8 people)
Camping Areas: (Some of the campgrounds closest to Jackson, Wyoming)
- Curtis Canyon is the closest campground to Jackson, Wyoming and offers great views of the valley and Grand Teton National Park. Drive east on Broadway until you reach the National Elk Refuge Road and turn left. Drive 8 miles along the east side of the Elk Refuge and up a winding dirt road to reach the campground.
- Granite Canyon is located southeast of Jackson, Wyoming. Drive south out of town for about 12 miles until Hoback Junction. Turn left onto 191/189 and drive 11 miles. Turn left onto the dirt Granite Road for 8 miles. Nearby activities include fishing, hiking, and soaking in Granite Hot Springs. Open form Memorial Day weekend to late September, there are 51 sites for tents or camping trailers. Vault toilets and water are also available. All sites are first come first serve.
- Atherton Creek Campground is located 7 miles east of the town of Kelly, which is 14 miles northeast of Jackson. This campground is situated along the shores of Slide Lake in the Gros Ventre Mountains. First come first serve.
Targhee National Forest
The Targhee National Forest runs along the west side of Grand Teton National Park in Idaho and from Yellowstone to Palisades Reservoir on the Wyoming side.
Season: The campgrounds are open June to September.
Length of Stay: For the campgrounds listed below, a maximum stay of 16 days is permitted.
Fees: Fees run from $12-$24. You can reserve campsites in Targhee National Forest by going to http://www.recreation.gov/.
Camping Areas: (closest to Jackson, Wyoming)
- Mike Harris Campground: A lovely campground in the forest with shady sites. Mike Harris is located 5 miles southeast of Victor, Idaho on Wyoming Route 22 on Trail Creek.
- Trail Creek Campground: Here you’ll find beautiful sites in the woods surrounded by pines, along the banks of Trail Creek. Trail Creek is located 7 miles southeast of Victor Idaho and adjacent to Wyoming Route 22.
- Teton Canyon Campground: At an elevation of 6,500 feet, this campground is situated among lovely aspen and pine trees. Drive 9 miles east from Driggs, Idaho, then turn east on Little Avenue and follow the road to the forest boundary. Turn right onto Forest Road 009 and go four miles to Teton Canyon Campground.
Gros Ventre Wilderness Area
The Gros Ventre Wilderness Area sits to the east of Jackson and spans the length of the Gros Ventre mountain range. The views of the Tetons from this side of the valley are unbeatable.
Season: Camping is permitted any time, but the snow-free season is usually from July to September. In the higher elevations, you’ll find snow until the middle of July or late July.
Length of Stay: There is a 16-day limit on length of stay.
Fees: No fees; camping is primitive.
You are asked to select a campsite that is hidden and at least 200 feet from the lakeshore.