Teton Valley, Idaho
On the west side of Teton Pass, a mere 30 miles from Jackson, WY, you will find the quiet Teton Valley of Idaho.
Teton Valley lies along the eastern border of Idaho snug against the 13,000' peaks of the Grand Teton range. The communities of Driggs, Victor, Tetonia and others share the Teton Mountain Range with the neighboring valley to the east, Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Folks describe Teton Valley as "the quiet side of the Tetons."
The jagged, snow-capped Tetons to the east and the rolling Big Hole Mountains to the west cradle the gentle, flat course of the Teton River. Old farmsteads scattered across the valley floor contradict beautiful new homes along the foothills. Our population is a diverse mix of pioneer families and recently arrived residents from around the country, and world.
Take Wyoming Highway 22 west toward Teton Pass. After you go over the pass and approach the western side of the mountain range, the road designation turns to Idaho Highway 33.
Lodging and Services
You will find many lodging establishments to choose from, a variety of places to eat, grocery stores, gas stations and other small boutique shops.
- Teton River: This mellow river is a great place for fishing, canoeing, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Golf Courses: It might surprise you that there are 3 golf courses in the valley.
- Trails: Whether you hike, mountain bike, ATV, or go horseback, the trails around Teton Valley accommodate to all.
- The Spud Drive-In: An old fashioned drive-in movie theater in between the towns of Victor and Driggs. This theater is open during the summer months and plays a variety of blockbusters.
- Grand Targhee: Teton Valley's ski area is known for epic amounts of snow and a wide variety of intermediate terrain. During the summer months you can enjoy a scenic chairlift ride, hiking and biking trails (even a network of downhill trails), and a series of music festivals.
- Live Music: On Thursday nights during the summer Victor lights up with Music on Main. Two large festivals (Targhee Fest and Targhee Bluegrass) span long weekends in July and August at Targhee Resort.
- Ashton ID
Quiet town near the Henry's Fork of the Snake River.
- City of Driggs
Official site for the City of Driggs, Idaho.
- Driggs City Parks and Recreation
City of Driggs department of Parks and Recreation.
- Flathead Valley
If you plan to head north toward Glacier National Park, don't miss Flathead Lake, Kalispell, and Whitefish Montana.
- Island Park
Popular recreation community in eastern Idaho.
- Sun Valley
A favorite locals' road trip from Jackson Hole is Sun Valley Idaho.
- Teton County Idaho School District
Teton Valley School District serves the children of Victor, Driggs, and Tetonia.
- Teton County, Idaho
Official site for Teton County, Idaho.
- Teton Valley Community Recycling
Teton Valley Community Recycling encourages recycling and educates the public on recycling locations and practices.
- Teton Valley Foundation
The Teton Valley Foundation organizes cultural, educational, and recreational events for the community of Teton Valley.
- Valley of the Tetons Library
Information on the Valley of the Tetons Library.